BOISE, Idaho  — Mourners were expected to memorialize Monday Ethan Chapin, 20, one of four University of Idaho students stabbed to death while sleeping in a house near campus on Nov. 13, at 4 p.m. at McIntyre Hall on College Way. The memorial comes ahead of the University of Idaho’s candlelight vigil for the four victims scheduled for Nov. 30.

“Ethan loved life. He laughed continuously. He smiled when he woke up and was still smiling when he went to bed. He was kind to all and a friend to all,” Chapin’s obituary reads. 

Chapin attended Mount Vernon High School in Mount Vernon, Washington and is survived by his dad, mom, and two surviving triplets, among other family members. At the University of Idaho, Chaptin loved “the social life, intramurals and tolerated the academics,” and played sports, the obituary reads. 

The university said it was asking the college community to support the victims’ families and donate to an emergency fund to help them support students “during this crisis,” its website reads. 

“Your thoughts, prayers and concern for the victims, their families and our campus community are greatly appreciated,” it reads.

Authorities at a news conference Sunday on campus said they had no suspect or weapon in the Nov. 13 killings that shook Moscow, a town of 25,000 residents in the Idaho Panhandle. Students and residents have expressed concern about a lack of details from police, who initially said there was no danger to the public but a few days later walked that back by acknowledging they couldn’t say there was no threat.

“We know that people want answers — we want answers, too,” Idaho State Police Col. Kedrick Wills said. “Please be patient as we work through this investigation. We owe this to these young kids. To these young adults. We owe it to them. And we’re absolutely dedicated to make sure that that happens.”

Moscow Police Chief James Fry said authorities have received nearly 650 tips and conducted 90 interviews. Police have also requested businesses and residences in specific parts of the city to share with them footage recorded between 3 a.m. and 6 a.m. on the day of the killings.