Sharing is Caring!
- New York State will attempt to ban people from carrying firearms into places of business unless the owners put up a sign explicitly saying guns are welcome
- Ban will include government buildings, health facilities, places where children gather and public transportation – including the New York City subway system
- Guns will also be banned in ‘sensitive places,’ which also include polling places and educational institutions
- Guns will be prevented from being carried in private businesses unless the business owner explicitly allows them
- State lawmakers will meet in an emergency session on Thursday where the state’s gun-licensing laws will be loosened to conform Supreme Court decision
- Six justices in the court’s conservative majority ruled that it was unconstitutional to require law-abiding people to provide ‘proper cause’ or a kind of special need
- Democrat NY Gov Kathy Hochul has warned it would lead to more gun violence
- New York aims to keep as many gun regulations as possible while obeying court
- Ruling explicitly warned lawmakers they could not do anything that would bar guns from the entire island of Manhattan or describe it as a ‘sensitive place’
See also Russel Brand saying the Mainstream Media, Government, Big Business, and culture are not your friends and are colluding to control you.
Help Support Independent Media, Please
See also Buying an Illegal Gun in New York City Has Always Been Easy