Advertisement
Sacramento police have arrested a third man as part of their investigation into Sunday’s shooting that killed six people and wounded another 12, but officers said the suspect is not charged with crimes directly related to the shooting. Daviyonne Dawson, 31, was arrested late Monday on charges of being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm. Dawson was seen carrying a gun “in the immediate aftermath” of the shooting downtown, according to police. Police said they don’t believe the gun they recovered was used in the mass shooting. Dawson was bailed out and is no longer in custody, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s jail booking logs.Two other people have also been arrested so far as part of the crime investigation. The second suspect was identified as 27-year-old Smiley Martin, who was taken into custody Tuesday on charges that include possession of a firearm by a prohibited person and possession of a machine gun. He had posted video on Facebook of himself with a firearm earlier in the day, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press. Martin is the brother of the first suspect arrested, 26-year-old Dandrae Martin, police said. Smiley Martin sustained serious injuries from the shooting and is currently in a nearby hospital for treatment. He will be booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail once he is released from the hospital.On Monday, Dandrae Martin was taken into custody on assault with a firearm and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm charges, Sacramento Police Chief Kathy Lester told KCRA 3.KCRA 3 Investigates learned Dandrae Martin has had previous run-ins with the law.| MORE | Man arrested in connection with Sacramento shooting has criminal history, court records showAll six people were killed by the gunfire that broke out Sunday morning have since been identified.| MORE | What we know about the 6 people killed in downtown Sacramento mass shootingAt least seven of the 12 people who were hospitalized with gunshot injuries have been released from hospitals.Police are encouraging community members to continue submitting photos or videos related to the investigation and have shared a QR code to do so. They have received more than 170 videos and photos so far.
Sacramento police have arrested a third man as part of their investigation into Sunday’s shooting that killed six people and wounded another 12, but officers said the suspect is not charged with crimes directly related to the shooting.
Daviyonne Dawson, 31, was arrested late Monday on charges of being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm.
Dawson was seen carrying a gun “in the immediate aftermath” of the shooting downtown, according to police.
Police said they don’t believe the gun they recovered was used in the mass shooting.
Dawson was bailed out and is no longer in custody, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s jail booking logs.
Two other people have also been arrested so far as part of the crime investigation.
The second suspect was identified as 27-year-old Smiley Martin, who was taken into custody Tuesday on charges that include possession of a firearm by a prohibited person and possession of a machine gun. He had posted video on Facebook of himself with a firearm earlier in the day, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press.
Martin is the brother of the first suspect arrested, 26-year-old Dandrae Martin, police said. Smiley Martin sustained serious injuries from the shooting and is currently in a nearby hospital for treatment. He will be booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail once he is released from the hospital.
On Monday, Dandrae Martin was taken into custody on assault with a firearm and being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm charges, Sacramento Police Chief Kathy Lester told KCRA 3.
KCRA 3 Investigates learned Dandrae Martin has had previous run-ins with the law.
| MORE | Man arrested in connection with Sacramento shooting has criminal history, court records show
All six people were killed by the gunfire that broke out Sunday morning have since been identified.
| MORE | What we know about the 6 people killed in downtown Sacramento mass shooting
At least seven of the 12 people who were hospitalized with gunshot injuries have been released from hospitals.
Police are encouraging community members to continue submitting photos or videos related to the investigation and have shared a QR code to do so. They have received more than 170 videos and photos so far.
This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.